Posted on | October 4, 2011 | No Comments
At New Breed Academy in Los Angeles, we feel that it is important to promote a healthy lifestyle for kids. Our Kid’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes in LA are a great way for kids to stay fit, while also learning important character building lessons. These lessons will help your child make important decisions regarding their health, all on their own, and they will also learn self-defense along the way.
Fun & Easy Nutritional Tips For Kids:
- So many drinks, such as juices and sodas, are packed with sugar. Try cutting back on sugary drinks with more water. You can even add a healthier flavored water enhancer.
- Help your kids make healthier food choices by giving them options. Do they want apples or oranges? Do they want peas or broccoli? This way, they feel like they have a say in the matter.
- Create Bugs On A Log: Make healthy snacking a fun activity at home. Spread peanut butter over the celery stick, and top it with dried fruit (bugs). This is actually fun for the whole family!
- Teach your kids to balance their “down time” indoors with physical activities. (Inside and outside) Kid’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes in Los Angeles are a great way for your kids to have a fun time, without feeling like they are being forced into some boring old exercise routine.
- Need further guidance and ideas? MyPyramid for kids can be found at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s website.
Learn Lifelong Lessons At New Breed
Our Los Angeles Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructors strive to make our programs both educational and fun for your children. Not only do our students learn how to defend themselves, they also learn to be team players. Self-discipline, self-respect, and respect for others are just a few of the things that kids take away from our unique fitness classes in Los Angeles. Your children will become physically fit and develop a positive and confident attitude, all while making lifelong friends.
Join Our Kid’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program Today:
9834 Jersey Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670